Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Weekend in May Hat Madness Celebration 2015


Giddy as I flipped the calendar this morning.  We all must feel the hope and promise in the frosty air!
Sunday morning sleep in, fresh coffee made for ME! and clicked on my FB to see that a dear, longtime
virtual friend, Christine ( Welcome to my Art ) asked me if a Mad Tea Party was on my agenda.

I settled in with my " Harry Potter" box set movie inspiration, ingnoring the whiteness outside. 
Hmmmmm, that's it!  On my sewing table is a fav pattern I dream of making OnE day!  It's the 
Hat of one of the Aunts in " Practical Magic"! Then the famous Hatter of all came to mind.
I am blessed knowing the most imaginative bloggetts ( you allll know I am thinking of you) so



Please Mark your calendars for the weekend of May 2&3 .   Let's all present our Mad Hat
that will be the envy of all Mad Tea Parties of the Season.  Unique and Marvellous are a must!
They may be hatted for whomever you wish.  I will gather the photo of your creation, present it 
in a collage, and a thank you for participating will be sent to all.  I do hope you join ME!

I love my calendar this year, it was a gift, handmade, each number & embellishment , hand placed
from my creative daughter, Amy.  I appreciate the time, and thought, as well as large day blocks 
to help my scattered mind.




Also ....I purchased a hand crocheted shawl from Ali Bee Creations on Etsy, anticipating warm
Glamourous days ahead!  Beautiful shades of the ocean ( I can only dream) delicate stitches, 
I am eager to dazzle all I meet !!
 
Spring is coming!  IT must!  IT must! IT must!


Hopefulled  Hearts and Scattered Joy!   We made it through a One-Of-Kind Winter xoxoxo



31 comments:

  1. I am so happy you enjoy your calendar. Nuoke shawl is beautiful and very spring like. Here's to hoping for warm thaw soon. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me everyday just how talented YOU are my dearest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign me up for the the mad hatter day. Xo

      Delete
    2. You where before you new it! Love Momxo

      Delete
  3. Your mad hat party has got me intrigued. So much so I want to pinch my son's top hat and decorate it, I would be in big trouble. What a wonderful calendar. A lovely view for every month. Thank you so much for the lovely mention, I hope you get to enjoy some lovely warm days in it. Enjoy your potter marathon.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make Hats from a toilet roll, paper towel, roll or a paper plate!
      Making a real Hat is brilliant, but I do know that is tricky business!
      I have many Art Dolls / Bunnies that could be very happy with a Mad Hatter's Hat!
      I would love to make a real Hatter's Hat....we shall see!

      Delete
  4. I love the aunts! I don;t know if I can get a hat made by then, can we just share pictures of a favourite hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have a Faeie that may love a Mad Hatter's Hat! xo

      Delete
  5. Always interested when someone mentions hats :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just go to your cupboard! and pick one, or two or ALL! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I don't know how to make a hat. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use a toilet paper roll or paper towel roll. And decorate. :)

      Delete
    2. Maybe I can make a hat for one of my dolls!

      Delete
    3. Success! I know your Mad Hat will have pointed objects, be careful now! xoDebi

      Delete
  7. This is such a great idea, kicking off a mad season with a mad hat :)

    I have no creative energy at all right now, but luckily I already have a real Mad Hat that I made a few years ago - so I would love to join!

    I hope you are well, hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippy! I'm thrilled to have you " Mad Hatter" with me! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Hmmmm a mad hat! I am so excited to see what hijinks you are up to. I will have to see if I will be able to create one. It is getting lighter earlier in the morning and later at night, and no more super duper freezing temps so I would say that spring is on its way here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. " Hijinks" you are so polite! I know you will dazzle the Mad Hatter with a Hat he would approve of! xoCheers to warm hot sweaty days! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to make a hat! Consider me in! Thanks for what sounds like a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is wonderful ! Thank you for joining in! xoDebi

      Delete
  11. Debi, stacks of hats, sounds like mad fun... maybe I can paint (instead of make) I will put my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm MAD about hats, so count me in, my brilliant friend! Seriously, you come up with the best ideas for blog parties! Speaking of which, I loved your post for Shadow of Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Shelle! I do hope you join in! We all wear more than one hat at a time!
    Show them All Off! xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yippy!!! What fun! Can't wait!!!!! xDebi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got a hat so I guess I'm playing. :)

    http://witcherygrove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. All done and posted like a good daughter. Xo. Madlife1205.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane & Amy! I am so excited that you are celebrating " Mad Hatters".
      Very special and skilled they are, and now look at the appreciation they still
      recieve! Thank you ALL! xoxoxox

      Delete
  17. When and where do you want the pictures of our Hats? I don't want to miss out! Thanks, Debi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blog your May Mad Hat Celebration! and I will zip around and scoup a pic
      and with luck, make a collage of everyone's ! Saturday or Sunday as I know the glorious weather will take us all outdoors!
      I will visit you all soon! xoDebi

      Delete

I hate talking to myself, Please comment ♥ Thank you for your visit!